Do you find yourself needing to upgrade your dinosaur of a computer, but have no idea what to search for in a more modern model? Are you excited to get into designing your own SVG files, but have realized that your personal computer just can’t handle the newer and bigger programs (like Adobe Illustrator) you require for designing?
This is where I come in.
In this podcast, you’ll get all the information you need on what to look for in your newest device, and with the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals coming up, you’ll want to listen up to what I have to say. Not only do I have a background in Marketing and Design, I’m also an expert in the computer department. I’m going to help you to decide on what you’ll need, something that should last you for years to come.
I have always been a computer freak, even when they first came out. My minor in college was Computer Information Technology. You’ll find no one better than me to assist you with troubleshooting errors, learning new programs, and even giving sound advice on buying THE BEST COMPUTER for you.
Now, we all have preferences (laptop or desktop, PC or Mac) and I am not trying to sway you from the type of computer you think is best for you. That’s not what this episode is about. What I’ll do is give you knowledge on what to look for in your new computer. Join me on this podcast as I lay out what exactly it is that’s important in your new device, specifically for your ventures in design.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- What is RAM, and why is it relevant?
- How crucial hard drive space is for your design and business needs.
- I’ll introduce a computer buying checklist that will help you with the valuable decision to come.
- Screen size – how can this impact your designs, and will it be a major deciding factor?
- The importance of wireless connectivity.
- Mentions to Affinity, Procreate, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, etc.
- AND I’ll give notice on what to look forward to in my next episode!
Mentioned on the Show:
- Picture of my computer setup
- 11 Tools I use to Increase Productivity as a Creative Business Owner
- The Buyer's Checklist to Purchasing a Creative Business Computer
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- iPad Pro
- Surface Pro
- Best Buy